What goes through people's minds when they make poor ethical decisions? How do people defend unethical conduct?
When you have completed this section, you will be able to:
- Identify ethical myths that lead to unethical conduct;
- Differentiate ethically grounded statements from
- Recognise situations that signal potential conflict of interest;
- Avoid conflicts of interest;
- Differentiate between legal and ethical action; and
- Eliminate unethical logic.
READ: This section highlights 9 ethical myths and provides information to debunk them.
WATCH: Interactive video: What is a conflict of interest?
READ, APPLY: Apply information about conflict of interest in workplace situations.
READ, WATCH: If its legal, it must be ethical... right?. This section deals with the difference between being ethical and complying with the law.